Terra Nova Week Link:
Take this quiz
Human Body Overall Conceots Addressed:
● Keep a binder record of observations, recognizing patterns, summarizing findings, and reflecting on the observations.
● Recognize and describe the hierarchical organization of living systems, including cells, tissues, organs, organ systems, whole organisms, and ecosystems.
● Explain that multi-cellular organisms have specialized cells, tissues, organs and organ systems that perform certain necessary functions, including digestion, respiration, reproduction, circulation, excretion, movement, control and coordination and protection from disease.
● Recognize that living organisms have certain structures and systems that perform specific functions, facilitating survival, growth and reproduction.
● Recognize that humans need food, water, air, waste removal and a particular range of temperatures in their environment, just as other animals do.
● Identify the functions of the human body’s systems, including digestion, respiration, reproduction, circulation, excretion, movement, control and coordination and protection from disease; and describe how they interact with one another.
● Describe how the functions of all the human body systems are interrelated at a chemical level and how they maintain homeostasis.
Body System Interactive Games
Skeletal System & Muscular System
Cardiovascular & Respiratory System
Digestive & Excretion Systems