The community of Holy Cross School is dedicated to educating the whole child in a God centered faith-filled environment. With Christ’s teachings as our guide, we celebrate and value the dignity of each individual. We strive to provide a quality Catholic education by nurturing our students spiritually, intellectually, physically, and emotionally.
Holy Cross School proclaims the Gospel message of Jesus Christ and the truths of the Catholic Church. Its primary purpose is growth in faith through direct instruction, liturgical participation, service projects, and personal witness. The school community is an integral part of the total parish community, contributing to and benefiting from the life of the parish.
Holy Cross School recognizes the curriculum guidelines established by the Diocese of Trenton, and within this framework, textbooks and programs are chosen to address on-going needs and capabilities of our students. Instruction, assignments and evaluations focus on the various ways students learn and they encourage and challenge growth at all levels of development. Curricula, programs, and activities are designed to foster each student’s total development–spiritually, intellectually, personally, socially, and physically.
Members of the school community are encouraged to incorporate Catholic Christian values into their daily interactions and choices. Together, home and school teach the student that the Christ-centered life is possible and credible by expressing the importance of religion by word and example.
Every child at Holy Cross is called to…
- have a prayerful relationship with God.
- live his or her religious values.
- develop a positive self-image.
- make responsible choices by respecting themselves, others, and authority. be ongoing forgivers and resolve conflicts peacefully.
- Forgive others as Jesus does and resolve conflicts peacefully.
- participate in service projects for others and the community.
- respect all creation as God’s gift.
- celebrate learning through curiosity, questioning, and discovery.
- share our vision with others.